I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Yum Yum

    Seriously, what is wrong with me?!
    Last week
    , we discussed my new obsession with designer maternity clothing.

    (Yeah, I've already bought one shirt on ebay and I'm even pondering whether or not to contact the company directly for some blog "sponsoring". Yeah, I'm that desperate for these clothes!)

    Well, I was shopping for a wedding gift this weekend when I spotted a store from my past:
    Naked ladies make good chocolate.<br />See, at some point during my college years, I discovered Godiva Chocolates. I would save my money and take the bus downtown to Westlake Center. I would buy maybe 4 truffles and carry them carefully home, on the dirty dirty bus, back to my shitty basement apartment.

    Seriously, it was a really crappy apartment. Like my bedroom was literally 6 feet by 12 feet. Sounds roomy, but imagine it packed with a desk, dresser and twin size bed. It was more like a college jail cell than anything.

    But I digress.

    Godiva was my tiny little luxury during college and I haven't really eaten the delicious chocolates since then.

    Until this weekend, when the siren's song was just too tempting. I went in for a few little truffles and came out with this:

    Empty bag.And now that bag is empty. So sad.

    And I have officially fallen off the Godiva wagon.

    I'm pretty sure I got the lemon chiffon truffle, the strawberry truffle and the crack-flavored truffle, because I couldn't put that shit down and now I'm just craving more.

    Oh, I was also doing some gardening today and seem to have misplaced my money-growing tree. If you have noticed one laying around anywhere, could you let me know? 'Cause this Godiva/crack habit is gonna suck me dry if I don't start pooping money soon...


    Song title: Yum Yum by Spoonie Gee

    5 comments:

    Betts said...

    I've never had any lucky growing those money trees. The invasive bill weeds keep choking it out.

    Why don't you just consider the Godiva chocolate to be fertility drugs? It is said that chocolate makes one amorous.

    Daniel said...

    What's the crack flavored one? I need to find a store, haven't had some in forever myself!

    maybe you should just keep throwing yourself baby showers and keep putting chocolate on your gift registry

    Unknown said...

    Oh -- I agree! They are so very addictive.....*sigh* Just one more thing I cannot have on a diet. Drats.

    ATenorio said...

    I love it...crack flavored truffle! HAAHAA!! I am a See's Chocolate fan myself... I love the way they have the truffles all on display and you can customize your own 2lb errr, I mean 1lb box. My favorite is the Dark Chocolate Truffle, but I am thinking of switching to the Methadone Covered Cherry Creme.

    And technically money does grow on trees because it is made out of paper and stuff... heehee

    Montefusco Family said...

    I too suffer from Godiva addiction.
    I try to stay away from their stores and also the section in the PX (military wife can't ya tell), they are slightly cheaper but not any less fattening. Dangit!