I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Baby I Love You

    (My Long Overdue Open Letter to Baby Bee)


    My Dearest Beloved Baby Bee,

    It's hard for me to believe that it was over a year ago that you came into our lives...

    I remember the day I found out that we were pregnant. I was so excited that I had to call and tell almost every person I knew! Eventually I called Daddy too! We were so excited that we were going to have a little baby of our own. We had tried for about six months to have a baby and we were so thrilled when it finally happened!

    Over the next few months, we got to see you when we went to the doctor. We thought you were just the most beautiful baby we'd ever seen!

    I remember when we found out that you were a girl. We were so happy! We knew immediately what you would be called. (We called you Felix before we knew you were a girl, but that's a story for another time...) We chose Bridget because we thought it was classic, beautiful and unique - just like we knew you would be! Your middle name is Laraine and you are named after a very special woman that Mommy loves and misses a lot. Aunt Laraine (we called her Aunt Rainy) was Nana's baby sister and she loved your mommy very much!

    We were also very happy you were a girl because we only had one girl name chosen! If you had been a boy, your name would probably still be Baby Boy B. to this day!

    Mommy loved being pregnant with you! Daddy took very good care of us and brought us all sorts of yummy food home to eat!

    Before we knew it, April had arrived and that meant that you would arrive soon too. We waited and waited but you didn't want to leave your comfy spot in my tummy, so on April 16th, 2007 the doctor called and told us to come to the hospital to have our little baby girl! We were so excited; it was like Christmas morning times a million!!

    We packed up our things and got ready to welcome you to the world. Lots of our favorite people were there to welcome you with us: Nana, Poppa, Aunt Sissy, Uncle Timmy, Kennedy and Jackson. You took almost 11 hours to show up and when you did, it was a big production! You decided to come out facing up and with your cord around your neck twice! But at 10:46 p.m., when the doctor finally helped you out, it was worth the wait.

    Every day since you have been in our lives has been a new adventure. You are such a sweet and loving baby. You hardly cried at all when you were tiny, only if you were hungry (thank you for that!). When you were small, you absolutely refused to put any weight on your legs. You just take your time and do things when it's right for you!

    You love to play and you especially love your books. We have book club hour with you at least six times a day and you fill the time in between with reading to yourself. When you turned one, you fell in love with Elmo from Sesame Street and you love cuddling with him in your crib and talking to him early in the morning!

    Now that Aunt Sissy is home, you love playing with all your cousins! No one can make you belly laugh like your cousin Jackson! Kennedy loves you to bits and you are fascinated with your baby cousin, Sullivan.

    I am thankful every day that I have such a beautiful and happy baby! I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you. I hope that you are even happier than you are today and grow to be a strong, independent and intelligent little girl.

    Know that your mommy and daddy love you always!

    All my love,
    Mommy













    I love you, Bee!


    Song title: Baby I Love You by Aretha Franklin

    1 comments:

    Sara said...

    Cute Pictures of Baby Bee!