I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Danger Zone

    No. No! NO!! DON'T TOUCH THAT!!
    Happy (belated) Fourth of July everybody! Today the Bee Family just got back from a 2-day visit to Nana & Poppa's Lake House out in Shelton. At the left (see photo), you'll see my overnight bag. Oh yeah, you heard me right. That is my overnight bag for the trip. Now, it was for me and Baby Bee, but still. I was pretty embarrassed to be dragging that ginormous bag around for a day and a half trip!


    ::Side Note Rant::
    Sorry to interrupt, but I have The Next Food Network Star on TV right now and the chefs are on the Rachel Ray Show. I'm sure to finally offend someone here, but oh my God, Rachel Ray annoys the crap outta me. I don't really have anything witty to add here. She is just way too friggin' annoying and happy all the time. Someone needs to lay off the Valium. And pass it this way!
    /end rant


    But I digress...Anyways, we had a big Welcome-Home-and-Congratulations-on-Retiring-from-the-Air-Force Party for Sissy and Family. It was fun but busy and now I feel like I need a weekend at the Lake House to relax!

    My big epiphany from the weekend is this: my fifth worst nightmare is being stuck with a toddler in a non-baby-proofed house. (My other worst nightmares? (1)Heights (2)Dolls (3)Clowns & (4)a Clown Doll trying to push me off a cliff. Don't laugh! It's funny until it happens to you.)

    Anyway, is it not the worst thing ever to have a toddler exploring a house that is not prepped for kids?! I was chasing Baby Bee all weekend! Sooo exhausting! The next time I go anywhere, I'm packing with me a baby gate, safety plugs for outlets and a giant trash bag to dump everything baby accessible. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll just try to find a Baby Bee sized straight jacket...

    Song title: Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins

    2 comments:

    Melisa S. said...

    Don't worry, I don't think you are the only one to find RR annoying. I believe there are a ton of anti-RR sites out there.

    I have heard many horros from visiting an un-babyproofed house...lots of work and no phone for mom's!

    the mama bird diaries said...

    So exhausting to be a non baby proofed house. I hear ya!

    And as for Rachel Ray. I feel like everyone thinks she is the most annoying person on earth. Why does she have a show? I don't get it.