I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Just Like You

    On a daily basis, besides my Outlook Calendar and my TiVo Schedule(s), there is one other list that I depend on.

    Google Reader

    Even though it seems personal, I've decided to share my reader list with you, my beloved strangers friends.

    Holy blog list, Batman!
    Compared to my 61 Seasons Passes, my list of 33 blogs to read every day seems down right pathetic.

    But, to be honest, I've kind of paired down my list a bit recently. I was reading a few blogs that, well, just didn't do anything for me. One day, while I was reading a random post, I just realized that (1) I didn't have a single thing in common with this person, and (2) I didn't really enjoy reading her posts.

    It got me thinking: do you (the interwebs) read blogs written by people more or less like yourself?

    I find my recent ax-ing of blogs interesting because I socialize in real life with people of many different cultures, backgrounds, religions, etc. I also find myself listening to a lot of talk radio (because I'm now a boring Mom), but I don't even listen to liberal radio. I tend to listen to radio hosts that I generally don't agree with, because it really gets my brain churning and helps me focus of my own personal arguments and/or opinions on whatever topic they are beating in to the ground that day. (Yeah, take *that* grammar. Mama loves her run-on sentences.)

    There is just something about reading blog entries on a semi-daily basis that is different. Maybe it's because said blogs didn't make me laugh. Maybe they didn't challenge my own beliefs enough to be interesting to me.

    Either way, I feel okay not reading them anymore. Unless they find out...then I'll feel as guilty as hell!

    PS: How can I have more followers on Twitter than on my blog?! And sadly, both numbers are not high. Oh, the irony.

    Meow meow.


    Song title: Just Like You by Keyshia Cole

    6 comments:

    ATenorio said...

    My only requirement for blog reading is that the blog must amuse me. The more amusing, the more I will visit.

    But, I will admit I have a few lingering in my reader that I would feel guilty for dropping so they linger on...

    Whew, I am glad I am still on your list. I was afraid my shoe comment would get me nixed ;P

    Betts said...

    I was nervous about taking a close look. I wanted to still be there. God, I can be so lame sometimes. Then I saw me, and I felt like Sally Field, "You like me! You really like me!!" I know... even more lame.

    Daniel said...

    YAY! i made the list! WOOT WOOT!

    i need to post more... i used to post like 10 times a day. i guess i had more to complain about back then.

    Sara said...

    Great! It's my blog isn't it? :)

    Shannon said...

    You're on my Google Reader, too!

    I had to go count how many were on mine... had no idea.

    OMG. There are 124 blogs in my reader! Yowza! It's any wonder I get anything done around here!

    Lazy Housewife said...

    Woot I'm just catching up now and see that I'm still on the list. I'd better not get the axe, either. I swear, sometimes my life is actually interesting!