I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Bag Lady

    Recently I got tagged by Pearl at Pearls of Wisdom in a meme (what is a meme, anywho?). It was created by Beth at Total Mom Haircut and is all about purses, so really, how can I say 'no'?

    Here’s what you/I have to do:

      (1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today (or the last time you left the house).

      (2) I want to know how much it cost :) And this is not to judge, because I’m honestly telling you I was ready to put down some cash; I just got lucky. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it.

      (3) Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your diaper bag/non-diaper bag.

    This Tag/Meme/Schmeme/Whatever It Is comes at the perfect time because I was *just* switching over from full diaper bagness to something a bit more compact/convenient. I've been convinced for the last year that the one time I don't take the diaper bag out, that will be the one day that Baby Bee decides to shit all over herself. Luckily, since that hasn't happened is a loooong time, I think I'm good to make the switch!

    So this is my beautiful Purse O' the Moment:
    Pretty pretty
    She's Coach and was discovered sitting on a lonely shelf at the Seattle Premium Outlets by Sissy, my sissy. Okay, she wasn't lonely. She actually has a twin who lives at Sissy's house. Yeah, we have matching sweaters, shirts, Uggs, husbands, purses...

    I think my favorite part of the purse is the lining:
    Oooooh, purple.It's so Springy! I really need to get one of those cute little scarves that they tie on Coach purses to spruce up the outside a bit. Hmmm...I smell a shopping trip in my future...

    This little beauty was marked down from $428 to something in the $200s and then it was on Clearance. We ended up getting them for about $125 each. Score, right?!

    Sissy was in the checkout line that snaked through the store ready to buy the purse for herself when she decided I might like one. She called me on the phone and said, "Uh, there is a really cute purse marked down from $428 to $125. I'm getting one. You want one?" "Dur." I replied. (Okay, actual I needed some convincing because I knew I probably didn't *need* it and I wasn't sure on the color situation). Needless to say, Mr. Bee was not quite as thrilled when I put down the phone and said cheerily, "I just got a new Coach purse!!"

    Sissy then had to make a worker at the store go and fetch her another one. Sadly, we left their sole remaining sibling on the shelf. Someday, when our purses are old enough to understand, we'll explain to them why we loved them enough to adopt them, but not enough to save their sibling. (Coming Soon to a Lifetime Channel for Women near you!)

    I thought I'd share all the goodies that I carry in my purse on a daily basis:
    All my shitMan, that looks really sparse online, huh? All I got is:
      - my wallet (another thing from Sissy)
      - two business card holders: one for my "You Are A Douche" cards, and one for my actual business cards (I try my best to not get them mixed up)
      - my brand new Diapee Wipees (gawd, I hate that name). One day I saw those and thought, "What a fab idea! There's no way in hell I'm spending $15 on one of those! I'll just make one myself." Well, $20 and a super failed craft project later, I finally coughed up the $15 on one. Sigh.
      - tissues (with a wedding cake topped with bride and groom on them - gag me, right?)
      - my beloved Crackberry
      - eye drops
      - my Coach pill holder, containing my cherished Advil, Tylenol, Pepto, Mr. Bee's meds
      - half-eaten roll of Life Savers
      - Chanel long wear lipstick. I LOVE that stuff.
      - a pen. Usually it's my fancy Tiffany one that I got as a gift, but that one must be currently residing in a some discarded purse.


    Can you believe how much stuff fits in to this purse?!
    Room for more!
    Alrighty then. Now it's tag time. I hereby, by the power vested and whatnot, tag:
      - Sara at The McGowan Foursome
      - Guwi at Sometimes I Think Funny Things
      - Jen at Absolutely Bananas
      - Betts at Damn Yankee
      - Daniel at Daily Spewage of a Bitter Mind (Cuz he always gets left out since he doesn't have a vagina - as far as I know.)



    Oh, and this is for you, Pearl:
    Fuckity fuck fuck. ;)



    Song title: Bag Lady by Audio Adrenaline

    7 comments:

    sissy2mom2b said...

    I am seriously the best sister ever! *puffs out chest*
    Our purses are pretty great, plus they hold SO much stuff!

    ATenorio said...

    What a super cuuuuuuuute bag, your sister is awesome!!! Hey, my sister (inlaw) and I have identical bags too... hmmmm. But not identical husbands since she is obviously married to my brother and well.... lets not go there...

    Thank you for the fuckity fuck fuck, that made my friday :)

    ATenorio said...

    PS! I just had a great idea for a Friday post theme: Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fridays! Yes, feel free to use my ingenious idea. Since it kind of came from you anyway.

    Betts said...

    I love the lining, too. It's luxurious. The post was such a great idea, that I've already done mine.

    I'm with Pearl... that would be a great idea for your Friday posts.

    Daniel said...

    no, don't have one. YAY, i'm included!

    i'll do this later today, haha...i do carry a man-purse

    Shannon said...

    Oooo... the purse is fab!

    I just bought my very first Coach just before Christmas. It was on clearance marked down to $69! Woot! Woot! It's small... but it's a Coach, baby. I can barely fit all mt crap inside it... but it's a Coach, LOL!

    Lazy Housewife said...

    I LOVE that purse. I really need a need one. I tend to fall in love with a purse and use it till it's ragged (ok, not quite but several months anyway).

    And P.S. I can't live without my blackberry, either. I actually took a picture of it the other day and the hubby was like wtf why do you need a picture of that? Wow, I'm rambling. I need sleep. And a new purse. I'll take care of both tomorrow.