I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Tag, You're It

    I've Been Tagged


    Name/Meaning: Baby Bee (because I'm too paranoid to post real names online)
    Before we knew if Bee was a boy or girl, we called her Felix the Fetus. I don't even remember where we came up with it! But we've already started referring to our un-conceived next child as Cleetus the Fetus.

    Bee's name was a huge bone of contention with Mr. Bee. We looked at book after book trying to find names that we could both agree on. For girls names, we finally hit on "Bee" and looked at each other. He said, "I like it and I don't know anyone with that name." (With most names we'd find issue with knowing some stupid person we don't like with a name that we do like and the name would be crossed off the list) I said, "I like it too!". And our baby had a name.

    Unfortunately, we could never come up with a boy's name that we agreed upon. Still haven't! So when the OB tech announced that we were pregnant with a girl, the first thought in my head was "Thank GOD! We don't have to argue over more boy names!!"

    Updated: I can't believe I forgot the most important part! Bee is also named after the best aunt Sissy and I ever had. She was Aunt "Rainy" and she passed away four years ago to cancer. We wanted to honor our first daughter with a special middle name to keep Aunt Rainy in our hearts always.


    Age: almost 19 months


    Nicknames: Bee (obviously), Squidgey, Baby Bop, Doodle Bug, Monkey (we like nicknames in this house!)


    Favorite Activities: Books, Pointing out letters on books/moving boxes/signs/anything and randomly saying letters (example: She will point out all the letters of the word "UHAUL" on a moving box but say "Ay, Oooh, Bee, Gee, Oooh", watching Word World on tv, playing on her new slide, anything that has to do with Elmo


    Favorite Food: Any fruit and definitely any bread product.


    Least Favorite Food: I've had a hell of a time getting her to eat any sort of meat lately. She used to love all meats and now she's just not interested.


    Favorite Music: ABCs, Julia Nunes on YouTube (I made the mistake of showing her some videos one day and now she insisted on music "Da da da" on the "puder"). Really she likes anything as long as there is music playing. The minute she gets in to the car seat for a drive, she starts yelling "da da da" which means "dance".


    Favorite Toy: Elmo, anything that resembles a duck, her new slide from Nana & Poppa (via Sissy!)


    Favorite Book: I don't think she has one, but our regulars are Goodnight Moon, Snuggle Puppy, and some Little Einstein sleepy time book.


    What makes her happy: Daddy coming home, Seeing her cousins (lord, the girl can shriek when she's happy to see somebody!), Word World, Walking, Bananas


    What makes her sad: Mommy saying "No", Mommy leaving, Getting dressed (oh wait, is this list what makes ME sad?)


    Tag: Sissy (I know you don't have a blog, but maybe this will make you start one!), Jaci from Ravings of a Mad Housewife, Mr. Lady from Whiskey In My Sippy Cup, Kelcey from The Mama Bird Diaries, Pearl from Pearls of Wisdom


    Song title: Tag, You're It by Alice Cooper

    4 comments:

    Mr Lady said...

    Do I have to do it three times? :) Monday, I'm all over it!

    the mama bird diaries said...

    my husband and i practically went to war over names. it got ugly.

    love your bee back story. very cool!

    Sara said...

    Our girls sound alot alike....Elmo and bread! What more could a girl ask for?:)

    Melisa S. said...

    Names. *sigh* Last night I was just telling hubby that I name we both like just doesn't sound right when I talk to the belly and use it. But the best part is that if this name doesn't end up being the one, we don't have any other back up names!