I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Catch Up

    OMG, I have so much to catch up on.
    So, obviously, the biggest recent news is that we're now living in our new home. Here are a few shots of the view from the backyard on our first night here:
    Despite the beautiful surroundings, the house looks like Hurricane Gustav hit it. Specifically, my kitchen. And my bedroom. And pretty much every other room in the house.

    We met one of our neighbors on moving day. Yeah, awesome. Thanks for coming over on the day that I look like shit, haven't done my hair or makeup, and have been sweating from carrying boxes for hours.

    They are a forty-something-ish couple with a 9-year-old little boy who Baby Bee is already giving googly eyes to. The mom seems pretty cool but the husband? What a piece of work! Almost directly after his wife introduced the both of them, he starts going on and on about the past owners and how they never stopped the gravel in the side yard from seeping on to their property, under the fence. Really though? That's your opener? Good job, doucher. The guy also starts spouting off about how our house was the first one built of Phase Two (his house was the last of Phase One), and, apparently, our house has the biggest lot on the street. Okay, cool for us. But this guy has "Keeping Up With The Jones'" seeping from his pores. Little does he know that we could give a shit. I assured him that we'd take care of the gravel asap. Or more like ASAIGAS (As Soon As I Give A Shit).

    This week we're having the inside of the house painted so that when we invite the Friends over, they won't vomit from disgust/over-saturation of pukish green. Because of all the painting, Bee and I are banished to the master bedroom and the bonus room (aka: the only two rooms slightly baby proofed). But, of course, all the crap that needs to be unpacked and put away is in ALL THE OTHER ROOMS. Sigh. Is the painting done yet?

    How about now?

    Now?

    Le sigh.

    And to top it all off, I don't have cable and/or internet. Seriously fooked up. If you know me (or have read enough of this blog), you know that about 2 hours in to not having cable television or an internet connection, I was suffering from a bad case of the shakes. AND...all my goddamn responsible neighbors have security-enabled Wi-Fi. Bastards.

    We should have it all hooked up by this evening if the cable guy decides to grace me with his presence. I've already warned my family that if, for any reason, said cable guy is unable to successfully provide both internet and cable television by this evening, some one will be punched in the Nards. Capitol N. Hey, cable dude? You've been warned.



    Song title: Catch Up by Ludacris

    4 comments:

    Melisa S. said...

    So the wife seemed cool and the husband was el douche? Nice...I'd be the type to purposely let the gravel slide into his yard. *rolleyes*

    Can't wait to see more pics of the living quarter when the hurricane is cleaned up! :)

    ATenorio said...

    Yippee for you! Have fun unpacking, organizing, decorating, etc. etc. etc!! Yeah, I am looking forward to some pics too...

    Vicki said...

    Beautiful pictures! Maybe you can build a bigger fence in between you and Mr. "Jones" :)

    Sorry I'm late commenting. Trying to catch up!

    Montefusco Family said...

    I am a new reader and am obsessed with your blog. I have a 6 month old and here I am at 1:37am reading when my dumb ass should be asleep. LOL
    Thanks!
    No seriously, thank you for a fun blog.