I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Dress You Up

    Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary...
    Yesterday Mr. Bee and I celebrated our Fourth Wedding Anniversary! We have officially been married longer than we dated!

    We had a great day. Mr. Bee came home after a half-day at work and we left Bee in the closet in the dog crate in the trunk in the capable hands of Nana. We saw The Dark Knight which was great! I won't go all blubbery about how fantastic it was because I always get let down when people go on and on about how superb a movie is and then I have way too high expectations. But it was really good! And Heath Ledger is/was amazing. There was only one point in the movie where I could even see Ledger, the actor. The whole movie he just is the Joker. Oh and Aaron Eckhart is super good too!

    After the movie, we headed to the super yummy to my tummy Daniel's Broiler. For those of you who aren't in the Seattle area, Daniel's is a great schmancy steakhouse and I was so excited to have a fabulous steak and great booze-ahol.

    But as we stepped out of the car at the valet station, I see this:

    and this:


    Fer Reals?! You couldn't hang up your polar fleece vest and slap on a blouse to eat at a restaurant on the lake at the yacht club?! And, psst, random 20-something? While I'm sure you are very proud of your athletic accomplishments, did you really need to wear your sneakers and "I ran a random marathon 2006"? Why the fuck am I wearing heels and my pretty new blouse to be surrounded by a bunch of slackers straight out of some East Coaster's stereotype of what Pacific Northwesterners look like?!

    This has got to be my number one pet peeve about the Seattle/Pacific NW area. I honestly do not think there is a schmancy restaurant in Seattle where some jack-off is not wearing a white tee-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes. Is this what we've become, Seattle?

    Now, I'm not the fanciest chick in the room. Shit, I'm pretty sure all of my wardrobe combined maybe is worth what one (maybe two) outfits of Mrs. J's is worth! But if I'm going to go to all the effort to shed my mom-drobe for an evening, the least the other patrons of a nice restaurant could do is leave the socks and sandals at home!! It's not like I'm going to T.G.I.Fridays or Applebee's, for Christ's Sake!!

    Besides being way over-dressed for the restaurant city state of Washington, we had a great time and a great dinner (and a bunch of nice freebies from the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary! YAY FREE STUFF!)

    After a fabulous evening, today I'm back in my O.N. shorts and "Pale is the New Tan" graphic tee, Seattle, so don't get your panties in a bunch. But I won't wear socks with sandals. Ever. That shit should be federally banned. Seriously.


    Song title: Dress You Up by Madonna

    3 comments:

    Mrs. J said...

    OK, first, happy anniversary! And I second yay for free stuff (especially if it is food or food-related). :)

    Secondly, you're comment about my "expensive clothes" got an audible gasp from me. Your readers should know that first, a disclaimer: I do have some cute fancy jeans and I am a certified shoe whore (alas, I still have to stay on the west side of the Nordstrom shoe department, meow meow). But...I am a total bargain shopper. We're talking the Rack and discount stores. In fact I'm wearing target shorts and an H&M tank as I type. I have to say though, I *hope* I look like a million bucks!

    Readers, don't be fooled. MamaBee is chic as can be and has super cute clothes even though she'll continually deny it. I've gone shopping with her so I know what she has! :)

    Melisa S. said...

    Happy Anniversary!!

    I LOVE it when restaurants give away free stuff when it's your anniversary!

    For the record I always over dress, but I don't get out a lot so when I do, I go crazy!

    ATenorio said...

    Happy Anniversary! Whenever I have a reason to step out of the mom-drobe, I go crazy too. Still, never, ever, EVER socks with sandals.