I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    I've Come For My Award

    And the nominees are...
    Here I am, minding my own bidness over here in my little corner of the blogosphere, when what to my wondrous eyes does appear...oh, wait, that's Santa.

    Well, color me just as shocked to receive my *first* blog award from my simpatico (can I use that as a noun?), Lazy Housewife at So Not Domestic. LH and I happened upon each other in a busy cafe, one rainy day. Our eyes met across the crowded room and it was magic. Oh wait, that's not it. We just met on Twitter somehow.

    LH was, if I remember correctly through my haze of Momnesia, one of my very first "followers" (very cult-like, huh?). She's was there when I had only three or four followers. Now that I have 16, I do my best to not let it get to my head - I promise I'll always remember the little people that got me to where I am today.

    LH has seen it all and has provided not only great Twitter comments, but her blog is a fantastic combination of recipes and reasons why you should be lazy and not cook anything. If you need any more convincing, her blog is also apparently the place to find bad credit, loan consolidation, dirty guy parts, and excessive underarm odor (all according to Google Ads, of course, not me!).

    But I digress.

    Mmmm...tangySo the award I won was the Lemonade Award. Apparently Lazy Housewife missed the fine print that (again, according to Google) this award is passed to bloggers for showing great Attitude and/or Gratitude. Ahahahahah! SUCKERS!

    I'm taking this fucker and running! It's mine! ALL MINE!! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BACK!

    But before I high-tail it to the border (I'm still debating the benefits of Mexico v. British Columbia), I must follow the rules of the award or face a fate more horrific than I can imagine (being forced to watch Eleventh Hour, maybe?). The rules for getting the award are: First you have to give props to the person who bestowed the award upon you in the first place (please reference my rambling Ode to Lazy Housewife above). Second you have to nominate 10 bloggers that you'd like to give the award to. Sounds easy enough, right?

    Here are my nominees (in no particular order):


    1. Becky at Mommy Wants Vodka
    Because don't we all? And despite (or maybe because of) her incontinence, she continues to get a chuckle out of me with every single post.

    2. Rebecca at Girl's Gone Child
    Don't we all feel our skinny jeans deserve a letter of apology for abandonment? Her transition from party girl to momma is fascinating (especially to us squares who never did *anything* exciting in our youth when we could've gotten away with it).

    3.Guwi at Sometimes I Think Funny Things
    Because nothing makes me chuckle more than imagining Jesus filling Advent Calendars with candy and squirrels changing traffic lights.

    4. Ashley at/in Ashley's Closet
    Although I do admittedly live in a dream land where squirrels change traffic signals, I am not delusional enough to assume that Ashley knows or reads this POS blog. But I super heart her nonetheless! Between Big Kid on Twitter and Little Kid, well, getting in to everything else, this lady manages to somehow keep a smile on her face (and on mine when I read her musings). Make sure you comment on her blog to qualify for her Closet Cruise when she *really* makes it big. Oh, and I wouldn't recommend you let her babysit your baby animals. But besides that, she's all good!

    5. Nanny Goats In Panties
    Need I say more?




    6. Pearl at Pearls of Wisdom
    Whether she's dealing with Baby, hospital visits, or interpreting Manslations from her husband, Pearl always keeps me in stitches. I
    especially look forward to her funny comments she leaves on my blog! I have to say, she might be my #1 Commenter!

    7. Jaci at Ravings of a Mad Housewife
    Because she says all the stuff you are thinking. And because her Inappropriate Church Conversation is pretty representative of every conversation that I have (or ever have had).

    8. Mr. Lady at Whiskey in My Sippy Cup
    Let me count the ways I ::heart:: Mr. Lady... (1) She is ridiculously honest and open about, well, everything. (2) I can use her to view my imminent future. (3) She takes naked photos of herself. (4) Did I mention my imminent future (I can guarantee you that I won't be substituting "beautiful" any time soon)?

    9. Kelcey at the Mama Bird Diaries
    Besides her totally funny posts, I get such a kick out of seeing what hilarious combination of swim suits, princess dresses and snow gear her two beautiful daughters will wear on any given day.

    10. RO at It Was Funny In My Head
    In my group of lady friends we have many sets of "twins". Brain Twins, Food Brain Twins, etc. Well, RO is my Bloggy Brain Twin. Technically she hasn't posted anything since November (for shame!) but hopefully this award will get the ol' creative juices flowing once again!


    Phew! Holy shit, this turned in to a looong post, huh? Oh well. Maybe it will qualify me for the Most Verbose Award or something...


    Song title: I've Come For My Award by The Beautiful South

    11 comments:

    Mr Lady said...

    Glad to be of service, yo. Someday my kid might tell you all about our beautiful gerbil, just like she kid my kids teachers. AWESOME.

    April said...

    You know what?? You are effing hilarious... I laughed my butt off. Nice.

    Lazy Housewife said...

    Hehe I had no idea it was for great attitude or gratitude...I was too lazy to look it up. Here was my line of thinking...lemonade is refreshing...it must be for refreshing blogs (or so I flatter myself since I received it). Hence, that is why I gave it to you. Even if I HAD known that it was for attitude, I think yours is hilarious (without overdisplays of gratitude), so you would have gotten it anyway. I would have given you the second award I got as well, but I didn't want to seem *too* into you. You know, in that weird OMG I've got an internet stalker who won't stop giving me all kinds of awards sort of way. Anyhoo, thanks for the props. :-) Oh, and I removed google adsense. I couldn't take the criticism they kept handing me via ads.

    Oh yeah, and I loooove Ashley's Closet, too, but didn't she would know I existed, either. So if she notices that you do, I'm gonna be jealous. Wahhh!

    XoXo your 4th follower on twitter (I think...and WOW 16 you are moving on to the big time),
    LH

    Lazy Housewife said...

    Errr, that should read "didn't *think* she would know I existed." Brain fart.

    Nanny Goats In Panties said...

    Aw, shucks! I'm honored and THANK YOU!!!

    And do your dream squirrels travel for work? Cuz we've got this one traffic signal down the way that seems to be on the fritz...

    ATenorio said...

    Gee, thank you Mama Bee! And I am so proud to be your number one stalker, errr, commenter ;P

    Guwi said...

    Am I blushing? I think I'm blushing. I'm so proud and honored to be the recipient of this Major Award, and accept it gratefully. Grazie, gracias, and merci beaucoups.

    Which I think, if I'm not drunk, means thank you in several other languages. Oh, who am I kidding?? Of COURSE I'm drunk! It's 2:00 in the afternoon!

    Apologies if I told anyone to piss off in several other languages.

    ro said...

    Thanks, Mama Bee! I am TOTALLY going to post more in 2009! I just need to get going!!!! Thanks for the kick in the ass! :-)

    Anonymous said...

    What? Not one man on the list? Men can blog too, yo.

    oh, and gets up on mah twitters (dmoola). I be twitterins all days and all nights.

    Betts said...

    I wanna be your #1 commenter or #1 something... as long as it's not #1 irritant or #1 pain-in-the-ass. I'll settle for #2 on those.

    the mama bird diaries said...

    You are so sweet! I'm truly honored!! Thank you for the kind words.