I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    'Tis the Season

    I Know It's Not Thanksgiving Yet...
    ...but I've definitely been swept up by the holiday spirit.

    Since I'm not terribly religious, the holiday season (or Festivus, as we lovingly call it in the Bee Home) consists of mostly decorations, presents and food. And since I ain't getting off my lazy ass to cook today, let's talk about decorating and presents!

    First of all, most of the "decorations" we currently have for any holiday are a janky ass collection of knick knacks. I'm slowly accumulating a collection of cute Pottery Barn items every year from the after-Christmas Clearance, but have yet to get more than one or two cute pieces per holiday. To make matters worse, having just moved in to a new home, I'm dying to decorate for the holidays! Even though we're pinching our pennies to see how all the finances will work out with the new and larger mortgage, I promised him sex somehow convinced Mr. Bee to let me buy some fun stuff at Joann's yesterday!

    I'm attempting to roughly mimic this photo from the P.B. catalog:

    'Cause everyone's house looks like this, right?


    So far, I've finished two small wreaths for our front doors.
    Suck it, Martha.
    But now I have at least fourteen (yeah, you heard me. FOURTEEN.) strands of garland to wire with ornaments.
    What the fuck was I thinking?
    I hope to be done by next Christmas. Hopefully.


    Besides being addicted to crafts, I love me some gadgets. So my goal for this Christmas is to ask for only pretty shiny new electronics. Here's what I have so far:
    ShinyDS Lite
    Ever since playing around with my mom and nephew's DS Lite's, I'm totally hooked! Mr. Bee is not sold on the pink and/or Susan G. Komen version that I'm asking for. He doesn't quite realize that the reason I want a pink sparkly DS is so that his thieving ass won't steal it! But seriously, I won't rest until I have one of these. I know, I know, like I need something other than raising my daughter, keeping the house, holiday crafts and watching 80 hours of television to keep me busy...


    FancyNikon SLR D60
    There's no chance in hell that I am actually going to get this $600+ camera for Christmas, but one can dream, right? I really want to be able to take some really great photos of Baby Bee and Future Cletus the Fetus. At least, that's the guilt trip I'm laying on Mr. Bee until I get this awesome camera!


    Spiffy CoolWacom Drawing Tablet
    I've been told this tablet is the shiz for drawing with your computer. Here's a little known fact about Mama Bee: I fancy myself an artist. I've been rambling enough for today, but I promise a future post with some of my artwork. A drawing tablet like this would open up worlds of new techniques and fun to me!


    So, what are you asking Santa for Christmas?


    Song title: 'Tis The Season

    3 comments:

    LDraper said...

    You will NEVER regret spending the money on that camera. Trust me. I LOVE my Nikon!!

    Unknown said...

    I've been using the wacom drawing tablet {the big one} for about 7 years now and I just have to say it's awesome! I hope you get it!!! But you should get the big one because wherever the pen is on your tablet is where it actually is on your monitor, unlike a mouse.

    Melisa S. said...

    Oh! I would love to have a front entrance that looked like that! I can't wait to see what you do with yours!!

    I have a DS Lite and LOVE it. I got it last Christmas and take it with me when traveling.

    This year I asked for an Amazon Kindle!