I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Smart Girls

    Lately I've been trying really hard not to be that mom. You know, the one that thinks her child is a MENSA candidate because her one-year-old picks her nose with such grace. But I'm different, right?

    I have to brag about Baby Bee. Over the last few months, Bee loves to point out any letters. Anywhere. It started with the U-Haul boxes. She would point at the U-H-A-U-L while saying "gee, blah, uuh, aah, eee". We thought it was hilarious and great that she was showing such an interested in letters.

    It wasn't until last week that we really started paying attention to what she was saying...

    And she was getting about three-fourths of the letters correct!

    I immediately got out her flashcards and just made them available for her to play with. (I'm really not that crazy mom who pushes this shit on her. Really. She spends most of her time admiring the afternoon programming of the Sprout channel.) Again, she's getting the majority of the letters correct!

    To top it off, just a minute ago I was sitting on the couch next to my Starbucks Vancouver coffee mug. Bee tumbles on over and proceeds to spell "Vancouver" correctly while pointing out the letters on the mug! Holy crap balls!

    I can't believe this development occurred right after Oprah's Super Awesome Kids episode. I'm sure she woulda been a contender...

    Don't worry. It's vodka, not coffee.

    PS: Extra points for those of you who have noticed that you can see a little something extra when you hover over the photos in my blog!
    Thanks to Mr. Lady for inspiring this new fun feature!



    Song title: Smart Girls by Brian Wilson

    4 comments:

    Desi said...

    She sounds very smart! I think you have every right to brag.

    Mama Bee said...

    Thanks!! She took such a long time to walk that I pretty much prepped myself for a life of missed milestones. LOL! Now she's blowing them out of the water (thank gawd!)

    Melisa S. said...

    I say brag away, she sounds like she's headed on the right track to Oprah! :D

    ATenorio said...

    Uhm, I think that is pretty effing remarkable too. And bragging is a mother's right no matter what! How old is she now anyway?