I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Hello In There


    Hello Everybody!
    First things first, I have a few blawg shout outs to take care of...

    Welcome to RO, Kelcey, and Pearl who have recently visited my random musings of a blog and have been nice enough to comment (unlike those other stalkers friends of mine who read but never comment!! This doesn't apply to you, Mrs. J - we know you love, stalk, obsess and comment about/with us. It's actually somewhat troubling...)

    And a special "What! What!" to RO for shouting out Mama Bee on her blog before I even got the chance on mine!

    I also have to shout out to the Bunco Ladies (and yes, I do play an "old lady dice game". Suck it.) who I finally got the chance to visit with last night! I've missed the last two months of Bunco and narrowly avoided having to miss last night's game too.

    It was really weird having so many girls come up to me and comment/compliment me on my blog! It was like half of my tens were there. And on the baby front, I was relieved to find out that the other young babies, who are around Baby Bee's age, aren't walking yet either. Phew! I guess I can cancel that helmet order I put in a couple days ago...Seriously, I was starting to get worried that I was going to have to attend Baby Bee's prom just so I could hold her hands for balance when she's walks...


    Stuff And Nonsense
    Last week I was emailing a friend and she told me about a word that her and her husband made up that means anything cute such as a puppy, baby, me (obviously). Mr. Bee and I have made up many words or phrases over the years, such as "princess rainbow monkey squirrel" (you had to be there). That got me thinking...

    Do you have a funny/unique/strange word/phrase/tradition that you and your significant other created?


    Now since I'm asking for your contributions, it's only fair that I share Mr. Bee and I's retardedness:

    Our weirdest (because there is a long list of strange things we call each other and other people) started with us signing "I Love You" to each other. It began as one of us pointing to an eye, making a heart with both hands over your heart, and then pointing to the other person. We soon realized that this didn't necessarily work if you were talking on the phone, driving a car, really anything that requires you to not have both hands free. So this was born:




    please note the epileptic-like hand motion
    that usually looks like a contorting
    monkey claw trying to eat your face off





    So there's one of our many embarrassing traditions from Mr. Bee and I. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see these photos online...


    Song title: Hello In There by 10,000 Maniacs, Stuff and Nonsense by Belinda Carlisle

    4 comments:

    Mrs. J said...

    Doesn't that middle photo require a helmet? I'm not familiar with the no-helmet version.

    ATenorio said...

    hey, thanks for the shout out and the compliment comment on my blog =) i came to your blog by way of Ro, and I must say your blog keeps me laughing too. I hope you dont mind if I add you to my blog roll.

    As for Baby Bee walking, I didn't walk until I was almost 15 months old and I still turned out to be exceedingly brilliant, charming, and humble, so don't sweat it.

    Most of our creative dorkiness centers around Baby, she really brings out the goofball in us I guess. We made up a song about her tushy... "Who's got the [insert tushy adjective here, ie tiniest, cutest, stinkiest, etc] tushy in the house? I think it is Ba-Ba-Ba-by" except we say her real name instead of Baby. That song was one of the first things that made her smile, so you can imagine how often it got sung.

    Dang is my comment long enough?

    Sara said...

    Thanks for the shout out!

    I'll keep you posted IF and WHEN Ellee starts walking:)

    the mama bird diaries said...

    Thanks for the shout out. My husband and I have no clever words or phrases we've made up. Will get to work on that immediately.