I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Don't make me shiv you, eh, hoser?

    Inmate killed after riot at British Columbia prison
    By Associated Press
    AGASSIZ, British Columbia - An inmate at a federal prison in Agassiz, British Columbia, has been killed after an uprising.

    CKNW, a radio station in Vancouver, says inmates at Mountain Institution started breaking windows around 10 p.m. Saturday.

    The station identified the man killed as 39-year-old Michael Andrew Gibbon. A spokesman for Corrections Canada says it's unclear if Gibbon was attacked or got caught up in the violence.

    Mountain Institution is a medium-security prison east of Vancouver that houses almost 500 inmates.




    Not to make light of the situation, but I just have the hardest time wrapping my mind around Canadians in prison. Canadia (as I call it) just seems like the most docile country. I just imagine the prisoners sitting around eating back bacon and maple syrup and discussing the complexities of hockey or curling. And I love how the article says that there was an "uprising." Not a riot. Just a game of hop-scotch gone wrong.

    0 comments: