I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Girls In Their Summer Clothes

    Today I went to the new Westfield Shoppingtown Southcenter (aka: The Southcenter Mall) with Sissy, Niece, Baby Nephew, Baby Bee and one of the Sissy's high school friends and daughter.

    It's so pretty.

    The mall just had it's grand re-opening last weekend and it's apparently at least the biggest mall in Western Washington. And they've added some great new stores! We really blew through the place today but here is a list of the stores that I must visit soon (or else):

    Banana Republic
    Yes, I've been there before, but the closest store used to be all the way up in Seattle! Let's just say that Mr. Bee will be trying on a lot of clothes this weekend when I force him to go shopping with me!

    Bare Escentuals
    I love this makeup. I pretty much just use the foundation stuff and haven't really explored the blush/eye makeup stuff. LOVE it.

    H&M
    I've heard mixed reviews about H&M but have never been in before so I can't be judgy yet. Sigh.

    Ju Jubes
    This place looks like it will either be super awesomely rad or a huge disappointment. I'm hoping for super killer fashion that makes me feel like I'm wearing expensive clothes, but in actuality only costs me $1.00.

    Love Culture
    I perused this place briefly today and it pretty much looks like Forever 21, but I think I need to visit again to really make sure. Oh, and what the hell is up with this "XXI forever" new look of Forever 21?! You're not kidding anybody, people! You can use shiny silver Roman numerals all you want. We still know you have crappy, disposable clothes. (But we secretly love you anyway.)
    White House/Black Market
    Another store that was only up in Seattle previously. I find this place a little hit and miss but I always give it a chance.


    I've also found a few new cool shops in...you'll never guess...ENUMCLAW! For those of you non-Washingtonians, to get to Enumclaw you must drive south to the Boonies, turn left and head towards No Where Fast and you find it on your left just after Where The Fuck Are We-Ville.

    One of the Bunco ladies gave me a tip about a little shop called Over The Edge. Sissy and I checked it out on Friday but it was during the Enumclaw Street Fair and was super crazy busy (you know, with the 25 people that attended the Enumclaw Street Fair). I hope to go back soon sans Baby so I can actually try things on without having to do a little half-naked dance to entertain her/keep her from fussing.

    On my way out of town, I saw a store called Suburban Soul that looks pretty rad too. Who would ever think that I would be trying to schedule Mama-free-time so I can go to Enumclaw. Seriously.


    Song title: Girls In Their Summer Clothes by Bruce Springsteen

    2 comments:

    Mrs. J said...

    You've *never* been to H&M?! Word sister. Get on it. Cute but cheap stuff. Not quite "disposable" but you can buy wacky/trendy stuff you know you won't wear forever.

    ...on a completely separate note...
    Do you watch (and by that I really mean "what do you think of..." because clearly the answer to "do you watch" is yes...but I digress) America's got talent? I just flipped it on today (watched some of it last year) and apparently it is trying to be all inspirational/nostalgic/emotional. What is going on.

    Melisa S. said...

    I've always wanted to be a Banana Republic girl and thought after many years of working at the Gap and loving the Gap, I would get older and move into BR...sadly my budget never moved with me!

    H&M...love this store! The clothing is...semi-disposable. I do love the fact that I can go in spend 100$ and come out with a big bag of stuff!!

    Forever 21, there isn't one near me and the last time I went into one I was shamed right out. After trying on and realizing nothing fit..I left in a rush!