I Love to Twit

    follow me on Twitter

    The Old Stuff

    Cruisin'

    Every once in a while I get what some people call an "A-ha" moment (and this no way relates to Diablo Winfrey)...

    Sometimes I feel like I've been set on cruise control. I think others out there understand what I mean. As I travel back to Seattle from my weekend jaunt to Las Vegas, I feel like I stomped on the brakes and deactivated the cruise control.

    It's so easy to whine about drama, pity myself for my killer hangover headache, or grumble about how much work I have to finish in the next 24 hours. But instead something inside me just said, "what?! Get over yourself, lady!" and instead of complaining, a sense of total contentness washes over me. Drama? How about I am so thankful for a great group of girls who have yet to get tired of my cranky bitchiness. Hangover headache? How about I was just lucky enough to hang out where celebs party and enjoyed a uber-VIP weekend in Sin City. And that's not even talking about my ridiculously amazing husband who never even hesitates in telling me to participate in trips like this. And all the work to do? Yeah, that sucks, but I have such a solid core family who is at the ready to help in any way they can.

    It's these moments when I get a new perspective with an assessment of my life. And, while I know is sickeningly cliché, I want for nothing. After way too much bitching, I think I just need my periodic mental ass-kickings to make me realize what a sweet setup I have and I totally don't deserve any of it.

    Oh yeah, and I'm not drunk as I type this. (But it never hurts to ask...especially with last night's debauchery).

    0 comments: